🌟 JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM TODAY & MAKE A DIFFERENCE, ONE LIFE AT A TIME! 🌟
Are you passionate about creating positive change in your community? Do you want to be a part of an organization dedicated to ending gender-based violence and empowering survivors? If so, Healing Hands Incorporated invites you to join our mission.
Program Assistant (Part-Time)
Healing Hands Incorporated is New York’s foremost service provider and advocate for Black survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking, and related forms of gender violence. Our commitment to ending gender violence is realized through direct service, outreach, education, and advocacy for systemic change.
As a Program Assistant, you will work closely with our Program Director and dedicated team to support the day-to-day operations of Healing Hands’ community engagement and outreach programs. These initiatives are designed to build social connections within the Black community, establish trust with survivors, provide essential training on sexual assault, and connect survivors with vital resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with the Program Director to ensure the success of outreach and community-based initiatives.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing all programming related to community engagement and outreach.
- Play a pivotal role as the grant financial contact, overseeing tasks related to grant management.
- Work with the Program Director to organize, execute, and facilitate training sessions.
- Manage financial tasks such as processing reimbursements, handling payments, creating expense reports, and recording relevant receipts.
- Engage with volunteers for various outreach and community engagement activities, including college fairs and local events.
- Handle employee timesheets, consultant invoices, and office supplies management.
- Conduct intakes and maintain clients’ files.
- Uphold Healing Hands’ mission and core values in all activities.
- Assume additional responsibilities and special projects as required.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends for events when needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic and a genuine passion for serving others.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability to shifting priorities, work demands, and policies.
- Ability to work effectively with vulnerable populations.
- Capacity to manage and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills and a collaborative team spirit.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including virtual and office-based technology (Zoom, WebEx, MS Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours/days as required.
Join our dynamic team today and help transform client testimonies one life at a time!
To apply, please email your resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without cover letters will not be accepted.
Location: Hybrid Job Type: Part-time (20 hours/week) Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour Schedule: 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred) Experience (Required):
- Trauma-informed practice
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in human services, social work within the public sector, or community outreach.
- Experience working in a community-based setting.
- Minimum of 2 years working with individuals and/or families in non-profit or community-based settings. Languages: English and French, Haitian Creole, or any African languages (Required) Willingness to Travel: 25% (Required)
Join us in making a meaningful impact and be a part of Healing Hands’ mission to create a safer, more empowered future for survivors. Apply now and help change lives!